For those of you thinking about buying an empty lot in Marco Island or Naples, here are a few things you need to consider.
1. Seawalls – Do they need to be replaced? This can be a significant expense but also a negotiating tool.
2. Dirt/fill amount – dirt is not cheap here in southwest Florida. If it’s low, it can cost thousands.
3. Animals – We do live in areas with wildlife. This can delay your construction. If there is a nest, proper permits and environmental professionals must be hired to make sure animals are not on the lot and have left before building.
4. Location – Location does matter. If there is old run-down homes around, busy streets, or other issues. This can bring down value of your new home.
5. Pilings – Houses on the water in southwest Florida require pilings. This is an expense you need to know about. As always enjoy the video.