Are you dreaming of owning a waterfront property and building your dream home on it? It’s an exciting prospect, but before you dive in, there are a few things you should consider. Here are seven important factors we at RK Reiman like to keep in mind before you buy a waterfront lot:
- Seawalls– A seawall can protect your property from erosion and storm damage, but it can also be costly to repair or replace if it’s old or damaged. Make sure to inspect the seawall carefully and budget for potential maintenance or replacement costs.
- Fill or Dirt – In some areas, finding enough dirt to level the lot or raise it above sea level can be challenging. This may require bringing in more dirt or fill, which can add to the cost of construction.
- Impact Fee Credits – If there was a previous home on the lot that has since been torn down, there may be an impact fee credit available. This credit can help offset some of the costs associated with building a new home.
- Surrounding Homes – The value of your property can be influenced by the quality of the neighboring homes. Make sure to check out the surrounding properties and consider the potential resale value of your home.
- Boating Access – If you’re building on the water, you likely want to enjoy boating and other water activities. Consider the size and speed of your boat, as well as any bridges or other obstacles you may need to navigate to reach open water.
- View – One of the primary benefits of owning a waterfront property is the stunning views. Consider the direction the lot faces and whether there are any potential obstructions that could impact your view.
- Sun Exposure – If you’re planning to build a pool or spend time outside, you’ll want to ensure your property gets plenty of sun exposure. Consider the direction the lot faces and whether it will get enough sun throughout the day.
At RK Reiman, we have extensive experience in custom home building and can help you navigate these considerations when buying a waterfront lot. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for guidance and expertise as you embark on this exciting journey. Contact us today to learn more.
Call or Email Us : 239-642-3364 | [email protected]